Saturday, January 31, 2009

Last Day In Chile

I returned from Zapallar and Valpo to discover a care package from Allison Busch had finally arrived for my last day. Punto and I tore it open over papas duquesa which are round balls of mashed-like potatoes prepared and eaten like tater tots. Even though Ms. Busch's life was partly spelled out in letter on the back we decided that it belonged to the wall at 1987 Union Literaria. Mr. Mercury bookends the trip. Tonight I will be a good United States tourist and eat at McDonald's and watch British television on my laptop or eat at a German restaurant and then go to a disco named Blondie for David Bowie/Electro dance night. I will decide while walking to the corner to buy a litre of beer with my bottle deposits.

1 comment:

  1. hey wolfy!
    hope you had a great trip!
    was nice to meet you and hope to see you in march!
    i have great pictures of pupi, punto and you on the beach, will send them!

    Poopi learn to ride a bike yesterday!

    loma p!

    ReplyDelete